The American Jazz Institute
The American Jazz Institute is a non-profit organization dedicated to the enrichment and enhancement of the appreciation of jazz music. From its humble beginnings in New Orleans at the turn of the century, jazz evolved into one of America’s enduring world contributions, a “universal language” understood by all.
Jazz is our life…
- To advance and promote jazz music throughout the world.
- To maintain a repertory orchestra to play new and archival jazz music.
- To educate and expose the public to jazz by live performances and panel discussions
- To support charitable endeavors that promote and advance jazz music.
- To seek and attract donations of jazz works with an emphasis on original compositions, scores, arrangements, and recordings.
- To make jazz works available for research study and education.
- To physically house, archive and preserve jazz music: compositions, scores, arrangements, recordings, artwork, photographs, film and other jazz works.
Jazz for Jazz Lovers series
Help Support Our Underwriters
Board of Directors
Alan P. Schultz
Audree Coke Kenton (1922-2012)
Gene Lees (1928-2010)